English Literature klinton jack

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

How to use Be, Being, Or Been?

Some learners finds it confusing to use be ,being or been in sentence .Lets discuss about it ..
Question : How do you use be, been, and being in an English sentence?

Short Sentence to Understand : I used to be an officer in a company but, having been exposed to office politics, I now prefer being a humble teacher.

TO BE ... 

  • hope
    I hope to be as wise as my father someday.
  • i hope to be a good teacher .
  • need
  • You need to be ready to leave by 6:30.
  • plan
    We’re planning to be in London from the 18th to the 23rd.
  • pretend
    My kids are pretending to be superheroes.
  • promise
    I promise to be on time for the meeting.
  • try
    He said he’d try to be more patient.
  • want
    I want to be fluent in English.
  • would like
    I’d like to be a pilot – it seems like an exciting job.
  • learn
    She’s learning to be less concerned about other peoples’ opinions.
It is also used Also use as '' after should, could, and would:

You should be ashamed.
This could be interesting.
I would be happy to help you .



Use of  "BEING"


Being is the continuous form of the verb.


We can’t access the internet right now because the network is being restarted.

When I said that dress doesn’t look good on you, I was just being honest.

###
Stop being lazy and help me wash the dishes.

I enjoy being in a position of leadership.

She can’t stand being lied to.

Always use being (not be or been) after prepositions:

I was in the hospital for a month after being in a car accident.

That’s the problem with being late all the time – people stop trusting you.

The best part of being a teacher is interacting with the students.

She got an award for being the best salesperson in the company.


Use of  'BEEN'

Been is the past participle. Use it after the verbs have/has (present perfect) and had (past perfect).

Examples:

I’ve been busy lately.
Have you ever been to London?
My car has been stolen.
By the time he showed up, we‘d been waiting for an hour.
Use been after could have, should have, and would have:

You should have been on time for your job interview.
The presentation would have been better if we’d done more preparation.
He could have been injured badly when he fell off his motorcycle; he was lucky he didn’t get hurt.



Ask Question below we will ans ware you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting