English Literature klinton jack

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

How to use “have had”?



Is I have had correct?

It is correct, though it too might seem a bit awkward. To understand “had had,” we need to take a look at the present perfect and past perfect tenses. Take this sentence: “

I have had too many chocolates today.” That sentence is in the present perfect tense.

I have had my period for 9 days (had present perfect not past )


You can say i have eaten (present perfect tense )Just like this here had is used .


Example of present perfect tense : 

I have done the work .
I have eaten rich .
I have had rich .
I have had rich .



If you don't understand yet please read below .

I have (present simple)
I had (past simple)
I have had (present perfect)
I had had (past perfect)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting