English Literature klinton jack

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Use of would have /Could have ! /could have been /would have been /should have been

First of all, let’s take a moment to talk about pronunciation. Should + have is often shortened into “shoulda” when speaking but not in writing.


She could have gone to any college she wanted to.

I would have gone to the party, but I was tired.

He should have told the truth about what he saw.

I could have gone directly to college, but I decided to travel for a year.
Could have been so beautiful

Could have been so right

Could have been my lover

Every day of my life
You don’t understand. I coulda’ had class. I coulda’ been a contender. I could have been somebody—instead of a bum.”
I would have called, but there was no phone service.

I would have loaned you the money, but I didn’t have any.
If she would have been faithful

If she could have been true

Then I wouldn’ta been cheated

I would never know real love

I would've missed out on you
I should’ve been a cowboy

I should’ve learned to rope and ride

Wearing my six-shooter

Riding my pony on a cattle drive

I could have performed better in the test.

They could not have done this heinous act.


He could have avoided the conflict of interest in his business.

The firm could have bribed the politician to obtain the contract.

She could have been a great teacher if she has been more polite

They could have been great friends had that misunderstanding not cropped up.

The family could have been targeted because of their statement in the court.

He could have sent his children abroad for higher studies.

He could have sent his children abroad for higher studies.

He could have been more polite to her.



####

Could Have been presented at class yesterday .VERY PAST 

You could be presented at class yesterday .VERY PAST
You could present at class today .. NOT SO PAST ...

##Should Have been /
@Remember : Should use in past things that happen past and some one who could do anything different but didn't do .So we mention some incident of past using should ..You need to use past tense in the second line sentence .

You should have been there in time before he had arrived .
I should have been a teacher rather then a businessman .
You should have been more careful .
He should have been wait until my boss has arrived  .
I should have been paying more attention to my English teacher but I was daydreaming too much..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting